Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I dragged my bicycle as we headed back home. "Can I have my glasses back now ?" , she asked me . I felt my pockets and discovered that they were missing . I gave one quick panicked look at her with my eyes widening . "I've lost them ...", I replied . She shrugged her shoulders . "Mum will kill you .".

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes . I tried to recall where we had been for the whole afternoon adn what would mum do if I could not find them . Then I opened my eyes and saw my sister trying to read my thoughts . I stared back at her with impatient eyes . "Wait here ." , I told her and I immediately dropped my bike and ran off .

I ran in the field , the grass brushing agaisnt my legs , trying to prevent me from going any further . I pushed my through . In my head , all I could think of was where the glasses could be . I managed to recall that we had been in one place and I tried to retrace my steps . The field seemed endless . I finally reached the place .

It looked like an eerie isolated place if you were alone . The place was dead quiet except for the crow who was crowing . I looked down and searched along the path . I must have dropped it here nearby .

I was looking through the grass when i finnally saw it as it shined in the sun . I went over to pick it up . Then I heard a loud thud . i looked down and picked the glasses up and stood up . For a moment , I just stared at the ground . Then I bent down again and brushed the grass away . It was a trapdoor . I wondered what would be behind the trapdoor ...

I had an uneasy feeling that I would discover somthing horrible but I took up all the courage I had and lifted up the latch . I slowly opened the door . I thought to myself and smiled ... a cave of gold and gems ... Dust flew out as I opend it ... light shone through the darkness ... I could see a coat and there was a foot showing ... covered with mud and dirt .

In a split second , I let go of the trapdoor and picked up my legs and sped off . I sprinted back to my sister , gripping the glasses tight as if I was about to break them . My heart was thumping so hard as if you could hear it . Sweat dripped down my face and i gasped for breath . I shot her one worried look and gave her back the glasses .

No comments:

Post a Comment